Friday, April 18, 2014

Entry Way Bench



I'm re-doing the "from the garage" entry. We moved the sofa table into the closet to make room for the Ikea Expedit Bookcase we picked up in Salt Lake. I've been super excited to build it and finally got around to it!

To make the bench seat I cut down some MDF board that was left over from my craft table! (Love it when I don't have to buy anything for a new project!)

Its important to note in this picture that I am using a pruning hand saw. Yes, a pruning saw. Awesome doesn't feel that it is safe for me to use a saw. *eye roll* And also it's expensive. Which I do agree with. Use what you have. It took awhile but I at last I cut through!

Next step was to cut the foam to size. Luckily, the craft store cut down the length exact but I had to narrow it down. I tried the pruning saw again but that was a fail. But a box cutter was like butter.

I cleared off a space, placed the fabric right side down, then the foam, then the MDF. Pulled up the edges, folded them over and used a staple gun to go through the folded fabric and MDF. Super easy and clean cut. Kind of fumbled on the corners but they are good enough.

Here's the finished bench!! I love it. And the vintage feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment